Monday, March 26, 2007

My Family Weekend

I just had a wonderful weekend visiting with some of my family. They arrived here on Thursday evening, we had dinner, and then I ran off to a rehearsal. But we did manage to visit some Thursday night when I got home and we stayed up late talking.

Friday we ran wedding errands. We met with the wedding coordinator and talked about the details of the day. We also met with the Invitation place and settled on everything there and placed the order. We then went home for a quick bite to eat and to let my niece take her nap then my mother and I ran over to meet with the cake person. We settled on the cake flavors and fillings and design. It's going to look great! And taste great, too!

The rest of Friday we relaxed, had dinner eventually, and then Chris and I had our third NFP class that evening. Saturday was a totally relaxing day! My mother, sister, and I spent the entire morning talking. It was around 1pm or so when we finally started getting ready for the day and taking showers! It's so much fun to talk though. So we finally stopped at Kohl's to do a little shopping and then went to a park and had fun pushing my niece on the swing and playing with her on the slide and teeter-totter. Chris cooked dinner Saturday night for all of us.

Sunday was just a relaxing day as well. My family left around 11am or so and then I just did a few things around the house, practiced some, and started working on my taxes (finally!).

It was so fun to spend a weekend with my family. I don't get to see them often so it's nice to just sit around and talk. And my niece is walking now, which she wasn't doing the last time I saw her. It's so funny to see how much personality she has. She's always had a lot, but it just keeps developing more. She's saying a few words now too. I wish I could see her more often.

Today I'm back at work, but today is a good day back after being gone for a week. I have a class in the Human Resource's Training Department all afternoon, so I'm only in my office this morning. By tomorrow I'll definitely be fully back in the swing of things!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your break was great. Good luck getting back into the swing of things. I think I finally am after a week and I turn around and leave again Thursday.

    ReplyDelete