Thursday, March 22, 2007

Cleaning Day

I spent a good portion of today cleaning my house. I love it when it is clean and less cluttered!! I love it so much I don't understand why I can't keep it this way. Of course, I have guests coming this weekend, so I was pressed for time. Therefore, I took a few shortcuts, but by and large the house really is clean for once. On the other hand, why was I pressed for time?? I've been off from work all week!!

It must be procrastination. I'm good at that.

This afternoon as I was vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning the bathrooms I was thinking about when Chris and I are married. We've talked a little bit about how we'll divide household responsibilities, but I think there are still plenty of things out there that we haven't brought up yet. He knows I tend to accumulate clutter, and I know that he doesn't like clutter. We also know that he'll be responsible for outside work. As I told him: that's why I bought a house that required no outdoor work.

He loves to cook and because of that I will gladly do dishes. Not only that, but I really do not enjoy cooking. I can do it, but I take no pleasure in it like he does. So that leaves all the other stuff: vacuuming, dusting, bathrooms, floors, laundry (no wait, I did say I would do that), shopping, and who knows what else. Then everything increases when kids come along.

I think we may need a schedule in our house or nothing will ever get done. :) Okay, time for me to go start dinner. Have a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment