Saturday, September 23, 2006

Flooding in Lexington

It rained almost all day yesterday and didn't stop all night. Since yesterday we've gotten about 6 inches of rain here. Currently it's not raining, but it's supposed to again. We're expecting another inch today, probably two overnight, and an inch tomorrow. My plan today was to go to work to grade papers and get things ready for class for this week and next. Then later today I was going to be working at my church's biggest fundraiser, Oktoberfest. However, there are several road closures, many events around town today have been cancelled, and the part of Oktoberfest I was going to volunteer at has been cancelled and the rest of the event moved inside. Many of the road closures are near my house so I've decided that it is best to stay home. Even my usual alternate routes are iffy. Plenty to do at home though: lots of cleaning, practicing, and who knows what else.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about all the rain devastating Kentucky. To my knowledge, though we have had a lot of rain, we don't have any major flooding. I think it is suppose to get bad here later on tonight. Enjoy the time at home to catch up on some things and rest and relax. I hope all goes well with Oktoberfest as well. Stay dry.

    ReplyDelete