Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Your Life in Numbers

Do you ever see your life as a series of numbers? I was just thinking last night that I have 11 classes left to teach this semester, which also means that there are 11 weeks left in the semester. Then I was thinking about how many days before I travel to Milwaukee (7) and how many Midwest Music Library Association Meetings this trip will make (6).

All that got me thinking about all the numbers in my life. There are phone numbers, numbers of hours spent at work, birthdays, anniversaries, and all sorts of other things. I find myself constantly counting down for things, particularly how many classes I have left to teach or how many days before a trip or some other event.

Have you ever thought about the multitudes of numbers in your life? Or is it just me?

1 comment:

  1. I can't say that I have done that recently in as large of a quantity as you just described, but I often think of things in numbers. And I am definitely not thinking about how many weeks are left in school because that is way too stressful at this time. :-)

    ReplyDelete