Friday, April 01, 2011

Seven Quick Takes, vol. 20

Who says you can't be busy while on bedrest??


This past Sunday some friends of mine hosted a baby shower for me.  It was nice to get out of the house briefly and enjoy an afternoon with a few friends.  It was a small shower and so much fun, especially with this particular group of wonderful ladies!  I didn't drive, someone picked me up, and I got to sit in someone else's house for a few hours rather than my own.  It was all wonderful  These are smart ladies too, the cake was chocolate and from one of the best bakeries in town!!  Yum!


Monday we had someone come out to the house to fix the two exterior doors that lead into the room where we recently put in new carpet.  The doors were dragging on the floor pretty badly and could ruin the carpet over time.  Unlike interior doors which can be easily shaved down, you can't do that with exterior doors.  So a handyman came out and removed both doors, the trim, and the frame and then set them all back in a half inch or so higher.  This is also the room in which I spend most of my time.  So I ended up in the living room instead.  It was a nice change of scenery for one day.


Unless you were living under a rock this week, you've probably seen the video of the twin boys deep in "conversation" with each other.  I saw it for the first time on Tuesday.  So cute!!  Here is a version someone just pointed me to yesterday.  Love the translation!


Wednesday was my busiest day so far this week.  I had two appointments, so I had a friend pick me up and drop me off at the office and then my husband came to get me after work.  It all worked out perfectly!  My friend came and got me and dropped me off and then was able to head right over to pick up her two boys after school, which isn't too far from where my doctor's office is.  My appointments lasted the rest of the afternoon (there was a lot of waiting involved) and Hubby basically got a full day in at the office and picked me up around 5:45 or so.  (Sound late?  It was!!  OB appointment wasn't too long, finished up a bit after 3; stopped in at the restroom, walked down the hall to Ultrasound, and signed in at 3:15.  Appointment was at 4, but it was obvious that they were behind.  I finally got called in just after 5pm!!  Yep, it was a loooooong afternoon!)


Thursday morning my husband called me from work to let me know that a plumber was coming over in about 30 minutes, but that he was going to come home to meet him.  Well, I hadn't showered yet, so I headed straight upstairs to do that.  While getting dressed the plumber showed up and Hubby wasn't home yet.  So I let him in and directed him to the water heater and then called Hubby who was apparently just leaving the office.  In the end, getting an estimate for replacing the hot water heater turned into replacing it that day.  Not until he got started working on it did I remember that I hadn't brushed my teeth yet that morning.  Oh gross!!  The water was already being drained so I was stuck.  Bummer!  Worst part is, I had a hair appointment that afternoon, which meant leaving the house and being around other people.  Luckily I had a few peppermint sticks around, a bottle full of drinking water, and my friend that picked me up that afternoon had mints in her car.  The water heater took all day to get done because of some changes in building codes.  At least it is done now and we'll be able to sell the house sometime in the next year with a brand new water heater in it!!  Oh, and thank goodness this pregnant lady had a reason to go out today, not having access to the toilets in the house would have been torture!!


Today we had a storage unit delivered to the house.  This can only mean one thing!!  We are finally getting started working on the nursery!!  Yay!!  Our house has no (none, nada, nein) storage in it.  What little we do have is fully in use.  We knew we would want a storage unit one day so we can make the house look more spacious when we do get ready to sell, but when we found out we were having twins, we realized that our plans for the tiny room to be a nursery were not going to work out.  So we got the storage unit earlier than planned and we'll be moving the guest room furniture into it along with whatever else we can live without for at least a year or so.  The tiny room was changed back into an office again, finally making our master bedroom look more spacious and more like a bedroom rather than a bedroom-slash-office.


My sister is coming to visit!!  My sister and her husband are driving up this afternoon and will be here over the weekend to help us move furniture, pack up some boxes of stuff, and paint the babies' room (I'll mostly be supervising).  Even though this will be a working visit, it'll still be so great to see them and have them here for a little while.  I'm so grateful that they were able to work out their work schedules and babysitting for the kids (thanks, Nana!) so they can come spend this weekend with us.

Phew!!  Even on bedrest, I still end up with lots to do!!  This was a busy week!!  Next week should be very low key: no appointments, no work being done on the house, nothing.  Maybe I'll finally finish the journal column I have been semi working on.

For more Quick Takes, check out Jen Fulwiler's blog post on Conversion Diary.  She hosts a great blog and is a wonderful Quick Takes host as well.  Lots of great links to check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment