Sunday, August 20, 2006

Long weekend, but fun

It's almost 3pm on Sunday and the weekend is not over yet, but it certainly feels like it is. Friday was a good day. Work was busy, I have a ton going on right now: 5 million things and everyone wants something from me yesterday. But the day got very cheery when I received a delivery: a nice glass vase with a half dozen red roses!! They were from Chris (isn't he sweet!) and I couldn't stop smiling the rest of the day. Why the roses? Well, Chris and I have been dating for six months now. Yeah us!!

Friday night we went to a birthday party for the organist at our Church. He was turning 50 and his wife tried to throw a surprise party, but I think he found out about it. It was fun, we had a good time!

Saturday morning we went to the 8am Mass and then met some friends to go over to God's Pantry to volunteer for a few hours. God's Pantry is a distribution center for Central and Eastern Kentucky. Other groups come there to get food donations for their distribution points in the various counties. We spent the morning sorting huge bins of food items into boxes separated by category. It was a lot of work. I did learn that one of the 30+ counties in eastern Kentucky that this place helps to service is the poorest county in the country.

Saturday afternoon was another birthday party, this time for two little boys, sons of some friends of mine. They were 4 and 2 and everything was decorated with Elmo!! There was even an Elmo cake!!

Saturday was also the day for working on my next Newsletter for an organization I am part of. Chris came to my office with me and we printed the labels and set up the assembly line for putting the labels, stamps, and stickers on each of them and then organizing them by zip codes. Finally, we went home, made dinner and watched a movie.

Today is just as busy: Church, my office to do more of the Newsletter and work on the class I'm teaching this fall, and then babysitting for some friends who are going out tonight.

After this weekend I will need a weekend to recover!

No comments:

Post a Comment