Friday, March 18, 2011

7 Quick Takes, vol. 18


~1~

Had my glucose test done on Wednesday and I did not pass.  Very disappointed.  Only good news is that I was really close: 148 and they want it under 140.  I'll be back at the lab on Monday for the three hour test, which I should be able to pass considering how close I was.

~2~

Due to the glucose test from Wednesday I have a very large bruise on my arm.  It's about the size of two quarters side-by-side and about two shades of purple with a little blue around the edges.  Lovely!  I hope it's gone by Monday.  Can't image if this happens again how they are going to find four places to take blood within those three hours.  I can only imagine what I'll look like by Monday afternoon!!  Can you say "pin cushion"?

~3~

I got some really good and very exciting news from work this week.  I don't think I can give details yet, but I'm very excited!!  There are some challenges on the horizon, for sure, and a lot of work, but it's going to be great (for both me and for my family)!  I can't wait to share more in the coming months.

~4~

I like making lists!  I keep lots of lists at my office and we have some around the house as well.  But since being on bedrest I haven't been making lists.  At the beginning I figured all the projects I wanted to do that did not require physical activity would get done while I sat around letting the babies cook.  Five weeks later, almost none of those projects have been done.  So I think I need to start making lists again.  Then I'll have something I can cross off (because that's the best part of having lists) and it will guilt me into working on these various projects.

~5~

I had an apple with my lunch today and with that the fruit draw in our fridge is completely empty for the first time since early December.  This may sound kind of silly, but since December Hubby has been buying two huge boxes of oranges once a month from a truck that comes up this way from a orchid in Florida.  Most years we buy one box at a time (there are only two of us living here afterall), but Hubby decided to do two this year.  December was oranges, January temples, and February he got one of each.  So the fruit drawer and the bottom shelf of the fridge have been full for months.  We recently finished up the last of the oranges and now the other fruit we had recently bought is also gone.  Wow!  Can't remember the last time the fridge looked so empty!

~6~

Hubby asked me the other day about buying a new washer and dryer.  Oh my goodness, how exciting!!  I wasn't expecting to get something new until we moved, though we don't know when that will be.  But he figured with two babies on the way and the fact that I'm considering using cloth diapers, maybe it'd be best to go ahead and get something.  I would love something bigger (the drum in our current washer is T-I-N-Y!!) and I have been so missing my top loader since we got married over three years ago and I sold my place.  Yes, I am NOT a fan of the front loader. Honestly, I hate it.  And now that you can get high efficiency top loaders, I am so ready for something new!!  Oh I hope it happens soon!! 

~7~

Today is Hubby's paternal grandmother's birthday.  She is 94 and still living on her own!  Happy Birthday, Grandma B!

For more Quick Takes, go to Jen's blog Conversion Diary.  Not only will you see Jen's post, but you will see links to lots and lots of other bloggers' Quick Takes posts.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment