Friday, September 23, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday, vol. 26


~1~

I've been sick the past week and very out of the loop.  Luckily, Hubby and Ethan seem to have escaped the sickness.  Peter had a congested cough over the weekend, but no fever and was always in a good mood.  I got a call Monday afternoon from the daycare that he had a low fever.  Despite that, he was still a smiley baby.  Both went back to daycare on Wednesday, by which time I was totally sick.  Still am.  Ugh!

~2~

Due to the sickness in the house this week, I have no new pictures.  But I still laugh at these pictures everytime I see them.  Just way too cute!!

~3~

Being home most of the week and sick, means I've had no energy to do much of anything.  Thus I've been vegging in my recliner watching crap sitcom reruns on TV.  I'm finding it very disturbing how sex and pregnancy is portrayed on TV.  Pregnancy especially.  When did pregnancy become something to be feared and depressed about all. the. time???  I need to go back to watching HGTV and the Food Network.

~4~

My husband showed me this video this week.  If this was popular on Facebook this week and everyone has already seen it, I apologize.  I did mention I've been out of the loop all week.  This is for all the Star Wars fans out there:

So I couldn't figure out how to embed the video here like I have done in the past.  Sorry.  Use this link to go check it out:  http://youtu.be/NtgtMQwr3Ko.  It's very funny!!

~5~

Tuesday we had a well-visit for both boys.  Luckily no one had a fever so both were able to get their shots.  Both boys are growing well.  Peter was 12 pounds, 14 ounces and 23 1/8 inches long.  Ethan was 12 pounds, 12 ounces and 23 inches long.  Pretty identical, wouldn't you say?  I didn't find out what their percentiles were, but found the growth charts in the back of one of the preemie books I had at home.  From what I can tell they are roughly in the 20th-25th percentile for weight and less than 5th percentile for length.  This is for actual age.  My husband was looking at it for their adjusted age (3 months old instead of 4 months old) and they are slightly higher on the chart, but not by a lot.  They really aren't behind by much.

~6~

My next post over at Catholic Sistas is supposed to go up next Friday.  I haven't written anything yet.  I have several ideas that I can't seem to develop into anything worthwhile.  Hopefully something will come together soon.  Like VERY soon.

~7~

It's Friday and it's noon!!  I'm late for a Rosary I'm supposed to be doing ... right. now!  Please pray for a sweet little baby girl who is being born right now with a serious condition of fluid on the brain.  She is facing surgery sometime shortly after her birth and possibly many more procedures.  She comes into a loving family with two wonderful parents, four older sisters and a brother in heaven to pray for her.  Thanks!!

For more quick takes, check out Conversion Diary where Jen hosts Quick Takes each Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment