Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pregnancy Update: 22 weeks

How far along: 22 weeks!!  Zachary has been on my mind a lot this week.

How big are babies: each weighs about a pound and is approximately 11 inches long, the length of a spaghetti squash.

Aversions: none

Cravings: nothing in particular

Bellybutton: hubby reports that it is much flatter, barely an indention.  May be an outy soon.

Movement: Feeling some slight movements still.  Mostly at night.  Still mostly feels like little pops and bubbles.

Leg cramps: none this week.  Did talk to the doctor about it, though.

Sleeping: The babies' movement is not so much to cause any sleeping difficulties.  Since coming home from the hospital I've been sleeping somewhat differently.  Still using the pregnancy body pillow, but more so to prop my legs up some.  I usually use two pillows and am now using only one.  All this takes any potential pressure off my cervix, which makes me feel better.

Ultrasound/Appointment: tomorrow I go in for a cervical length check and a growth check on the babies.  My appointment with my regular OB is right after.  I'm wondering if this may be my last appointment with my OB since she herself will be going on maternity leave soon.  While in the hospital they told me that I would probably be cared for through the high risk doctors from here on out anyway.  So we'll see what happens tomorrow.  The doctor who did the cerclage will be in ultrasound tomorrow, so I'll see both her and my regular OB and between the two of them they should tell me what's going on from this point forward.

Notable this week: kind of goes without saying, the cerclage and now the bedrest.  Bedrest is going okay.  I've done a lot of reading, napping, a little TV, lots of email, and a little prayer time.  Next step is to fill out the FML forms for work.  I hate the idea that FML will now start as of last Thursday and end on May 4.  My due date is June 22.  Not that we're going to go that far, but if the babies are in NICU for several weeks I hate the idea of going back to work as soon as they can come home.  Blah!!  At this point, there isn't much reason to fret about it, as we get closer I'm sure things will fall in place better and we'll just see what happens.

Please pray that the cervical length check tomorrow goes well.  I'm nervous about it.  Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment