Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Catching Up After a Week

It's been a week since I last posted here. Needless to say, I've been pretty busy.

Work, of course, is very busy, but that's no surprise. There's a ton of stuff going on there and it's only going to get busier over the next few weeks or more. But there's no point in writing about the details, that would only be boring.

Last weekend is much more interesting to share. On Saturday my two sisters and my youngest sister's boyfriend drove up from Atlanta for a very brief visit. But first, my friend RM and I went to see my photographer on Saturday morning to view my bridal portraits from the previous Friday. They were very good and it took a while to decide on one. But we finally did and picked out a frame for it as well. We then spent a good portion of the rest of the morning running errands.

My visitors arrived around 2:30 that afternoon. My youngest sister and her boyfriend were heading out to Louisville for a wedding, so we left them keys to the house and then left to find something to do during the afternoon. RM, my sister, and I decided to go out to the Woodford Reserve Distillery, but the last tour had already started. But we enjoyed some free samples and then took the scenic drive back to Lexington.

That night we went off to a Bachelorette Party and Personal Shower that RM organized for me with many of my friends. It was fun to have a girl's night out with a group of friends. It was also the first time that some of my friends had met each other. I think everyone had a great time. I also got some nice little gifts. After dinner we headed over to a nearby restaurant and bar where we got to watch the last five minutes of the Louisville vs. UK football game and had a drink. I had a Mint Chocolate Chip Martini which was VERY good. It smelled like ice cream, and the taste was very good, the alcohol wasn't very strong and the chocolate syrup in it was an awesome touch.

That was basically the weekend. Monday at work was also fun. My co-workers had a shower for me over a potluck lunch. It was so nice of them to arrange something like this for me. Everyone brought a dish to share and we enjoyed lunch together. We got some very nice gifts!

I've been touched by the many showers that people have had for me. It was fun to have one with my bridesmaids in Atlanta, another one with Chris' side of the family in Bardstown, one with co-workers, and the personal shower with my close friends. It's such a special way to celebrate our upcoming marriage.

This coming weekend is the Bachelor party. That means I have a free Saturday night. More later on how I'll be spending my upcoming free weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You should come visit me :-) We could go to the Factory stores and do some shopping, though I have no money to spend. It would still be fun.

    ReplyDelete