Sunday, October 08, 2006

Home at last

Milwaukee was a great city. I thoroughly enjoyed the city, the meeting I was at (it was a great and diverse program), and the people I was there with. There are a lot of fun people in this group and it's always so much fun to see them all. I definitely want to go back to Milwaukee sometime, probably when the Irish Music Festival is happening.

I left the hotel on Saturday around 11am and got to the airport by 11:15. I was checked in and through security by 11:30 or so. I booked my ticket through Delta, but on the way home Northwest was the carrier and Delta actually sent me to the Northwest counter to get checked-in. I didn't realize that they did things this way now, but I guess I'll know for the next time. I sat in the airport and typed up one of the two reports I was going to need to submit from this meeting, plus I started the second one. So I'm a little ahead of the December 1 deadline on those. Woohoo!

My flight left Milwaukee on time and got into Detroit on time. This was the first time I had been in the Detroit aiport. They have a Tram that runs overhead just from one end of the A Terminal to the other. I had a three hour layover, so I walked the length of the Terminal (78 gates), walked back to the center (very cool water fountain/sculpture there), rode the Tram to the other end (just for fun), had dinner, and then walked back to the opposite end for my flight. We left Detroit almost an hour late, at 7:55, and I got to Louisville around 8:50. I got to Chris' house around 10:30 and visited him for a bit before finally getting home, around midnight. Definitely a long day.

So I'm home, safe and sound. Church this morning was great. Father Frank gave an excellent homily!! Otherwise, I spent most of the day relaxing and playing with Jake. I did finally sit down and grade the tests I gave last Tuesday (everyone made an A!!) and Chris is making dinner. He's cooking while I type; aren't I lucky?! :)

I hope everyone has a great week! --K

No comments:

Post a Comment