Sunday, September 11, 2011

Divide and Conquer

I don't know why it took us this long to figure this one out, but we finally did this weekend.  We are in the process of putting our house on the market.  Have been for a while, but we are finally at the point where we must get things put away, the house cleaned, and the papers finally signed ... hopefully this week!!

All of the above is difficult to do with two three-month olds.  It would be hard, I'm sure, with one let alone two.

Hubby and I both had errands to run this weekend.  We finally decided on the divide and conquer method.

Saturday he took Ethan with him and went to the credit union, stopped in at his office to pick something up, went to Lowes, and finally Kroger before heading home.  While they were gone I was able to shower and get ready and then start the process of putting away all our pictures and other personal items.  It was so much easier to do all that with just one baby.

Saturday night Hubby took the boys for a walk and gave me an hour to get more stuff done.  It's amazing what you can accomplish in one hour: two loads of laundry folded, a third one started and a fourth waiting to go, the bedroom completely cleared of all personal things, dusted, and vaccumed, and the living room decluttered some as well.

I felt so accomplished!!

Today after church and breakfast, we did it again.  I took Peter with me to run more errands while Hubby and Ethan went around the house taking down pictures, hanging different ones in their place, and repurposing others.  Again, so much easier to do all those things with one small child!

We need to divide and conquer more often.  I would find it much easier to run into the grocery store with one baby than with two.  I know it'll get easier as they get older, but right now those infant car seat carriers are heavy!!

Divide and conquer it is!!  At least when it is possible.  Hubby can't take one of the boys with him to Bible Study, so I'm on my own then. 

But that's okay, I get some time away too and Hubby gets to be in charge then!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, very smart! I always marvel about how much I get done when someone takes the kids OUT of the house, too. Unfortunately, an hour isn't as productive anymore. I need at least 3 or 4 :) It's fun reading about how you are dividing things up... and just cute to think about one kid being your shopping buddy or dh's house helper :)

    ReplyDelete