Friday, April 11, 2014

7 Quick Takes Friday: Traveling, Cribs, Chocolate Diving, and Wow, I'm old!


~1~

I started this 7 Quick Takes post on Thursday. Thought I'd get a head start and have it all ready to go by Friday morning. I finished it and went to bed and then kept thinking about it. The general feel of the whole post was coming off to me as kind of depressing. I have a lot of good things going on in my life and yet somehow my post was coming off as kind of drab. So I'm scrapping the whole thing and starting again. So there's Take #1 for you. (Probably not much better than the original ... moving on ...)

~2~

Last weekend we were in Atlanta to celebrate my brother's marriage with family and friends. It was wonderful to visit with so many people that we don't get to see very often. I wish I could have visited with them more, but herding three children around everywhere made that difficult. It was fun though!! The boys had a great time and continued to talk about Nanny and Papa (my parents) for several more days after we got home.

~3~

Our trip wrapped up with a very long drive home. Loooooooong! Because of an accident on the highway (pray for those involved) we ended up sitting in traffic for about 2 hours. I think we went about 20 miles over those two hours. I convinced Hubby to stop for dinner shortly after we started moving again. It was just a long time for the boys to be strapped in their car seats and I was sure diapers desperately needed to be changed. So yes, 30 miles from our exit, we stopped for dinner. It was definitely the best choice. By the time we got home we just put the boys straight to bed.

~4~

The baby has been moved into his own room! There really hasn't been a compelling reason to keep him in our room for the last month or so. We were all sleeping fine, he sleeps for a good 8-9 hours every night, so it was time. I probably should have done this sooner. I much prefer the changing table in his bedroom to the changing table accessory attached to the Pack 'n' Play and I really enjoying feeding him in the rocking chair in his room. Much more comfortable that propping pillows up in our bed and feeding him there. (I think my husband appreciates this as well.) It's been a good move. And he looks tiny again! He was looking so big in the Pack 'n' Play, but now looks small again in his big ol' crib. So sweet!

~5~

I had a surreal moment the other day. I was driving home from work with the boys and just had this weird moment where I thought "How did I get here?" Not in a I'm-having-a-mid-life-crisis kind of moment, just in a wasn't-I just-in-college-like-yesterday-and-now-I'm-driving-a-minivan-with-three-kids-in-the-back kind of moment. It was like I was suddenly my younger self for a brief moment wondering where I was. I had to laugh at myself about this. I used to wonder what it wold be like to wake up one morning and find yourself in your life 20 years in the future. Can you imagine how weird that would be? Maybe I'll think more on that idea. Could be the basis of my first novel.

~6~

I think you could say that I went chocolate diving yesterday. I was eating dark chocolate covered almonds (YUM!) and dropped one. I crawled under my desk and came back with two pieces of chocolate. I have no idea how long the other piece had been down there. I'm about 98% certain that I have not eaten any of that other kind of chocolate in the last month since I've been back at work. So that means it's been there at least four months, but likely longer?? ICK!! I threw it away, obviously. I threw both away. Obviously the far reaches of the space under my desk haven't been cleaned in a while. ICK again!

~7~

Can you believe that this coming Sunday is Palm Sunday!! Lent is almost over. What are your plans for Holy Week? Do you attend the various Masses and services during the Triduum? Do you bring the kids and at what ages? Are you a family that goes to the Vigil or to Easter Sunday morning Mass? What are your plans for Easter Sunday itself? Share in the comments, I'm really curious about how other families do things.

Check out more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary. Have a good weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment