Thursday, March 20, 2014

Small Success Thursday, No. 4

#1
My first week back at work was last week. Before I even started the week I cancelled my Monday morning meeting. So, I had no meetings first thing in the morning on any day last week. I needed that for my first week back, less stress while I tried to figure out how everything was going to work in the mornings. But I couldn't continue cancelling meetings. So this Monday I had to get moving even earlier than I had last week. But I made it to work just in time for my 9 AM meeting.

#2
Then Tuesday rolled around. No meetings, but Hubby and I decided that I would try doing the whole morning routine on my own. Hubby has an adoration hour at 6 AM on Tuesdays. Since my maternity leave he has been coming home afterwards. But this Tuesday he went straight to work when he left church. I'm please to report, that we actually managed to leave the house by 8:15 AM. It was hard, though. I had to get up at 5:30 AM and I had to be on top of my game to get the baby fed, get myself ready, get breakfast on the table, get the boys up, changed, and dressed, and get everything (lunches, day care bags, breast pump, purse, work bag) and everyone in the car. To be able to leave by 8:15 AM was quite the achievement!

#3
This Lent I am trying to remember to do Morning Prayer (Lauds) from the Liturgy of the Hours each morning. So far I've only missed two mornings. For someone who is really terrible about keeping a regular prayer time, this is a big improvement.

What are your small successes this week?

Check out the Small Success Thursday post at CatholicMom.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment