Thursday, March 06, 2014

Small Success Thursday, No. 3


I missed a week, but I have a really good excuse:

#1
I was out of town last week. I left two Saturdays ago and returned home this past Sunday. That's nine days total. And I took the baby with me; six hours down, six hours back. I planned the drive around his eating schedule and he mostly slept the whole ride down. Very proud of myself for traveling alone with a baby.

#2
Baby and I went to a conference together. We spent four nights in a hotel (the other part of the trip was spent at my parent's house) and he accompanied me to all my conference sessions and meetings. He attracted a lot of attention as the only baby at the conference. I told people that he was starting his resume early. He was called a music librarian in-the-making a fair number of times. The small success here was that I got very comfortable nursing in public and pretty much got the hang of the nursing cover. I've nursed in public before, but not this frequently for several days in a row. On the last day of the conference I even ran a roundtable meeting while feeding the baby.

#3
As a family we gave up TV for Lent. Once I go back to work (next week ::sigh::) I don't think it'll be that big a deal. I like watching TV in the evenings, but I recognize that it has also become a huge time waster. I'd rather read to decompress than to be staring at the TV screen. However, this week while I'm still home, it's a bit tough. I had a few moments yesterday when I sat down to feed the baby and automatically reached for the remote. But I'm happy to report, that I kept myself in check and did not turn the TV on at all yesterday!! Day one of Lent: success!

What are your small successes this week? Share them over at CatholicMom.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment