Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Saturday Post

I've learned that posting daily is not in my temperament. But here it is, day 6 and I'm posting something. Probably a quick one, please ignore any grammatical infractions and misspellings. Thanks!

I actually just spent the boys' naptime working on a post, but I think I'm going to get it set up for tomorrow. Needs some proofing and maybe a few cuts. Maybe not.

In the meantime, I'm posting today just to post and say I did it.

We went to a birthday party this morning. It was a pool party. You'd think at the end of July it'd be warm with the sun shining. But no. It was a nice cloudy day with temps in the upper 70s. It even rained earlier this morning and I think we had a few drops of rain during the party.

Most of the kids there were not deterred by the cloudy cool day. They jumped right in and had a great time in the pool. My two wouldn't even put a toe in. I tried to get Ethan to put his feet in and learned that he's capable of a mid-air split.

Next summer we'll be in neighborhood with a pool and I hope to get the boys in some sort of introductory swimming lessons. How can a child of mine be so afraid of the water??

And speaking of the new neighborhood, Hubby did not come with us to this morning's pool party and instead working on packing non-essentials around the house. This coming week is our big move. Carpet goes in on Monday, granite people come out Monday afternoon, my parents come up on Tuesday, I'll be doing a lot of cleaning on Tuesday, and then we'll be moving what we can on Wednesday and the movers move everything else on Thursday.

Busy week ahead. I guess in a way, these 7 posts in 7 days gives you a chance to "see" me again in the blogging world for a little bit before I'm on a brief hiatus. One more post for tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment