Friday, July 30, 2010

Two months later ...

After two months I am pleased to report that my Beta HCG levels have now come down to the "normal" level. This past Monday was my sixth and final test!! Here's the summary of everything ...

May 28 (day of the D&C): 200,000+
June 11: around 780 (wow, big drop!!)
June 16 (hoping it'll be close to normal): around 670
July 1 (surely we're there): 114
July 12 (probably the last one): 17
July 19 (now this will surely be the last one): 12
July 26 (*sigh* I'll probably be back): less than 5 (woohoo!!)

As you can see, I kept thinking I was going to be done and I wasn't. By this week I was sure that it would be around 7 or 8 and I'd be back again by the next week. What a surprise (and a relief) to hear it was less than 5!!

I stopped at the cemetery on my way home from work today and the stone had been laid for Brigit's grave. It was sad to stand there and see the two stones there together, Zachary's and Brigit's. I hope there will be no more. Having two of them there is hard enough.

On the bright side, it seems that my body is returning back to normal. Not only are my numbers down but based on my charting things are looking relatively normal. I think the weight I have been losing has helped a lot!! I'm now less than I was before both of the last two pregnancies.

I think I'll go celebrate now with that York Peppermint Pattie in my fridge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment