Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Saga Continues


I posted last week in "Never Ending Tests" about the several blood tests I have had over the last 6 weeks. On Monday I had my fourth blood test. I had hoped this would be the last one.

The goal is to get my Beta HCG number down to 5. We started at over 200,000 on May 28. By July 1 the number had fallen to 114. So July 12 we tried again.

Thankfully, the blood test itself went well. The person taking it got it on the first try and I have only a very slight bruise. Much better than the last test!! The results came back at 17. The nurse commented that it had come down "significantly." I couldn't help but think that it wasn't significant enough! But at least we are close.

So another blood test is planned for next week. Surely we can drop 12 points in one week!! Thanks for all the prayers! Keep them coming! I'm trying to get to daily mass when I can, I feel the healing of the Eucharist does me a lot of good and I really need it. Lots of healing still needs to happen; this has been a long road of which the blood tests are only a small part. And I have a feeling I'm not at the end of that road yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment