Friday, March 23, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday, vol. 38


~1~

Basketball: In honor of March Madness, I decided I needed a sports themed quick takes with a twist.  And speaking of basketball, I have never done a bracket as part of a pool.  Well, this year we were moving the very week that brackets had to be done.  At the very last minute, just before my husband took down our wireless, I quickly did a bracket in a pool with some friends of mine.  I didn't have time to create one for the pool my family does.  Oh well, maybe next year.  In the pool that I am in, I am currently fourth, although I'm second by best possible score.  We'll see what happens.

~2~

Wrestling: I'm getting good at this.  I may have to watch some wrestling in the summer Olympics this year, I may need some pointers.  The boys will not be allowed to watch, they do not need any pointers.  Let me tell you, changing diapers and getting them dressed is becoming quite the workout!

~3~

Rock Climbing: I think Peter could get into this sport!  He's doing a good job climbing up on just about anything vertical: shelving units, baby gates, boxes, mommy and daddy, chairs, and even walls.  Nothing stands in this boy's way.  He climbs over Ethan and Ethan gets a kick out of it.  I love Ethan's laugh!!

~4~

Weight Lifting: One of my regular exercises now is carrying about 36 pounds of baby, 18 pounds in each arm.  It took me over nine months to get to the point where I can actually pick them both up at one time.  They still can't help in any way, but they do hold on some once they are up in my arms.  And I don't know why, but Ethan finds this hilarious as well.  Such a silly boy!

~5~

Mountain Climbing: Not really, but it sometimes feels like it!  I know I'm out of shape and this is a daily reminder!  The whole point of being able to lift both boys at once is to cut down on going up and down stairs to get them both up or down for diaper changes and naps or lunch time or down to the basement where we set up a playroom and then all back the other way again.  Now I can make one trip, 36 pounds of baby and two flights of stairs.  Phew!

~6~

Swimming: Ethan LOVES water!  From the very beginning he has loved bath time and still does.  While Peter has learned to crawl, Ethan seems to be a fish out of water.  His mode of getting around is the butterfly stroke.  It's so funny to watch!!  Not only is he doing the butterfly, but he gets so excited when he sees something he wants, turns himself towards it, and then starts his "stroke" to get there, making excited little noises the whole time.  And it keeps going and going since his attention is very quickly caught by something else the moment he reaches his original destination.

~7~

Walking: We have been walking every morning since just a few days after we moved into the new house.  There is a small park with a walking path around it that is about a mile long.  Each morning after breakfast we get everyone in the stroller and head out.  The weather has been so unseasonably warm lately and these morning walks have been great!!  I love that the park is so close!  I haven't done this much walking since I belonged to a gym, which was over a year ago.

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary.
Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. That was a cute post. I love hearing what t he boys are doing! Sounds like Ethan might be you comedian :D

    ReplyDelete