Friday, July 06, 2007

In Lieu of the Catholic Topic of the Week

Time has gotten away from me this week, so there will not be a Catholic Topic of the Week from me this week. Except for quick updates, I'm not sure when I'll be able to do another Catholic Topic. I'll be going out of town next weekend but might have time one night next week to work on something before I leave (in between packing and gathing all the papers and reports I need to bring on the trip with me). If not, I know I won't have time the following week, I'll be out of town again. More on those trips later.

Anyway, I do have something in mind. A friend was recently asking me about patron saints, so I might do something on saints, patron saints in particular, or just simply "what is the communion of saints?" We'll see. If you have ideas or suggestions, or websites or books you think I might be interested in looking at, please let me know: just leave a comment at the comments link at the end of this post.

In the meantime, I learn a lot from reading the weekly Catholic Carnival. This is a collection of blog entries that one blogger compiles and summarizes for everyone. It's always someone different that hosts the Carnival week after week and I learn a lot about how different people live their faith, plus I discover lots of other cool Catholic blogs. So in lieu of my Catholic Topic of the Week, here is a link to this week's Carnival:
Catholic Carnival 126.

Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Catholic topic of the week idea: Saw this on the news website today. What are your thoughts on this article - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19692094/ - I'm curious about this, especially as I would be considered a Protestant? Not trying to debate, just trying to understand. :) Love ya, Kerri! Can't wait to see you in October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara!! I don't even have to look at that link to know what the article is about. I heard about this today on my way home from work, I was listening to the Catholic Radio station in and they were talking about it. I haven't had a chance to really look into it, but I think it would make a great topic for discussion. The secular media isn't very good at accurately reporting on these things, so I need to do some more digging and see if I can read portions of the document myself.

    Thanks for the idea! I think it's a great one. Actually, it's good timing. I'm currently attending the six-week Theology on Tap program and this summer's program is on Church history. This ties in nicely with that.

    I'll hopefully be back with more soon. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete