Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy New Year!

I'm only a few days late in wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. I had fun visiting family in Atlanta. Chris came late in the week and we went downtown to tour the CNN Center, which was actually a lot of fun. Then we had my niece's birthday party on Saturday. I can't believe she is already one year old!!

On New Year's Eve Chris and I drove back to Lexington through terrible rain almost the entire way. New Years Day started with Eucharistic Adoration at 6am (I was all alone in the chapel this time, no surprise there), then home to shower and change, and back to Church for Mass (January 1 is the feast of Mary, Mother of God).

After Mass we went to Chris' house for brunch: meat pie (traditional holiday breakfast in his family), cranberry sauce, scrambled eggs, apple strudel, and half an orange. It was an interesting brunch. And it was a lot of food, we really didn't eat much the rest of the day. The rest of the day was spent relaxing, taking a walk, and watching a movie. Nice way to start the new year.

In wedding news: I bought a dress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment