Thursday, March 05, 2009

Naming Ceremony this weekend

The First Annual Naming Ceremony in the Lexington Diocese is happening this weekend. This is a special service for all those who have lost children due to miscarriage, stillbirth, or abortion. I've never been to one and I don't know what this one will entail exactly, but I've heard that they can be very healing for those of us who have lost our children for these reasons.

My husband and I plan to attend and we'll be remembering both of our children, Casey (miscarraige) and Zachary (stillborn). If you or someone you know has lost a child and would like to attend, I highly encourage it. I'm a firm believer in the healing effect naming a lost child can have on a mother and/or father.

Where: St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Catholic Church, 1730 Summerhill Dr., Lexington
Date: Sunday March 8, 2009
Time: 2:00pm

No comments:

Post a Comment