Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pregnancy Update: Week 37

This is a first. I've never done a 37 week pregnancy update. So glad to have made it this far!

How far along: 37 weeks, 0 days today!! Woohoo!

How big is baby: According to Baby Center the baby is approximately 6 and 1/3 pounds and a bit over 19 inches (about the size of a bunch of Swiss chard). However, we had a growth ultrasound on Monday and well, keep reading for more info on the size of baby.

Cravings/Aversions: I still haven't found really great pizza yet. We had plans to have lunch on Monday at a restaurant half a block from my doctor's office, but we quickly learned that they are closed on Mondays. Very sad. So we drove down the road to another local pizza place, but in looking to see where they had parking, Hubby drove past the restaurant. That wouldn't be too big a deal except that it is a one-way street. Hard to turn around and go back, even harder in that area to drive around the block. So we ended up at a burger place instead. Otherwise, no real cravings or anything. I can pretty much eat anything you put in front of me at this point.

Belly Button: Still just an odd looking knot on the front of my belly.

Movement: Still moving around in there.

Leg cramps/restlessness: I seem to have the cramps under control. The restlessness isn't really much better.

Sleep: Sleep is not very good these days. Yes, I was exhausted last week because I was up too late too many nights in a row. I felt much better Saturday morning after a long sleep. However, it wasn't a great sleep. I just can't be comfortable for very long, I get up several times, blah, blah, blah. All women who have been pregnant know the routine. I laugh at the old adage that you should get plenty of sleep now because you won't when the baby arrives. Um, no. Don't ever tell a pregnant woman that. Never. I may get less sleep once there is a baby around that needs to be fed every couple hours or so, but at least it'll be a better sleep. I'll gladly trade 8 hours of restless sleep for 3 hours of a good, sound sleep.

Weight gain: Probably up a pound or so since last week. Forgot to weigh myself on Monday and I don't know what the scale at the doctor's office is in relation to my home scale.

Appointment: Went well this week. Had the Group B strep test done (probably get results next week), got the FMLA paperwork squared away, and just general talk about birth and what the next few weeks will look like. Next appointment is Monday the 25th and will likely be my last appointment with Dr. M. Will start seeing Dr. H the following week.

NST: Monday was also my first Non-Stress Test of this pregnancy. As the nurse was hooking up the monitors I said something about how much easier the monitor hook up was this time than it was with twins. She must have misunderstood me and she thought I said that I had twins. Oops! I quickly told her, no, I had twins the last time, this time was just one. I didn't need another monitor hooked up. Haha!! It went well and was over in about 20-30 minutes.

Ultrasound: Prior to the NST I had the growth ultrasound. Fluid looked good all around, baby was moving well, and heartbeat was 139. We even saw hair on the baby's head! In the end, the tech calculated the baby's weight at 7 pounds, 2 oz. That seems rather on the large size to me, but I realize that these calculations aren't exact anyway. Still, I was a bit surprised. This puts the baby in the 63rd percentile at 37 weeks. So just a bit over average.

The Big Brothers: I had hoped to post some videos we took of the boys recently, but we still haven't downloaded them from the camera. Sorry. Otherwise, the boys are as cute as ever, talking a lot, and exploring everything around them. Typical 2 and a half year olds.

Names: Still at a stand still.

To-Do list:
In Progress/Finished:

  • Pediatrician: I have an appointment with a new physician on Friday. She's actually not an MD, but a DO instead, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine. I'm looking forward to meeting her and hoping she'll be a good fit for our family.
  • We took the Labor Class on Tuesday evening and it was very good. For me, it was a review of a lot of the things I have been reading about. For Hubby, he got to practice the exercises with me and learn the various techniques for keeping me focused and relaxed. And he got to do it without me hounding him about reading a book. I'm hoping he got a lot out of the class.
  • Plans for the boys: I'm working on a short document to share with a few friends. Just some basic things like important phone numbers, the boys' routine, allergies, and that sort of thing. I have 4 to 5 people who I need to send it to.
  • Still reading through some various natural childbirth books.
  • Baptism is scheduled, both Godparents are on board and have been informed of the date. I also sent out a message to family with the date so they had a heads up.
  • We bought a dresser for the boys room and I've put all their clothes in it. Still changing diapers in the baby room, but that is still the easiest place to do it. Plus, they are still under 30 pounds, which is the weight limit on the changing table. I prefer using the changing table as long as possible.
  • Submitted all my FMLA paperwork on Tuesday.
Still to do:
  • Still need a stroller (shared the one I like with my mom as an item, the only item, on my Christmas list)
  • Disassemble one crib and rearrange baby room
  • Go through all the newborn clothes
  • Move the car seats and install the infant seat
  • Must do Christmas cards! Soon!!

Looking back: On Monday I was 36 weeks and 5 days. The same point in pregnancy where I was when the boys were born. We have now officially made it past that point. 37 weeks is amazing. I remember how big I felt, how "so done" I was with everything to do with being pregnant with two babies, how I just wanted to be able to sleep again, and how I was willing to have anything done to have those babies out (epidural, letting them break my water, whatever). I am hoping for a very different experience this time around. Very different.

Prayers: Continuing to pray for all pregnant moms, for prayer buddy, A, and for a good birth experience for baby and I.

Next week: Week 38!!

No comments:

Post a Comment