Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Pregnancy Update: Week 39

How far along: 39 weeks, 0 days!!

How big is baby? According to Baby Center the baby is a bit over 7 pounds and roughly 20 inches long. Of course, my doctors are estimating the baby is already bigger than that.

Cravings/Aversions: Not much change here.

Belly Button: MIA

Movement: Has been good. Baby moves a lot. So far my NSTs haven't taken too long and although I was given information on doing "kick counts" every day, I feel so much movement I haven't really bothered.

Leg cramps/Restlessness: I've had a tiny bit of tightening in the middle of the night, but I usually catch it before it turns into a full-blown leg cramp. The restlessness is just a constant and incredibly annoying. While watching TV, sitting at my desk at work, in a meeting, my legs just want to jump up and go for a run.

Sleep: I just don't like sleep right now. It's uncomfortable, restless, and I wake up feeling sore and tired.

Weight gain: Okay, I think I'm around 25 pounds now. So baby really needs to come out soon. Very soon!!

NST: Friday's went fine, was there no more than 30 minutes. Monday went well also. Over the 30+ minutes I was there the monitors even picked up a few contractions. I didn't feel any, of course, but it was nice to see that my body is doing something. Next one is tomorrow and then we'll plan for two next week as well.

Appointment: My appointment on Monday took forever!! Appointment time was actually at 11:15, I don't think I saw anyone until closer to 12:15. When I was making my next appointment I noticed the time on my iPod said 12:50. Talk about a long morning!!  However, after seeing the nurse (who I did see on the early part of the appointment) and then the resident (who didn't make an appearance until around 12:00 or so), I finally got to see Dr. O. I really do like him a lot. He was great and we talked about a lot of things. He even asked how the boys were doing. I now know why he runs so far behind. LOL!! Overall, a good appointment. Baby is still head down and heartbeat is good. Next appointment is on Monday with Dr. H.

To-Do List:
Completed:

  • We have a stroller!! Thanks, Mom!
  • We have a doula! Met her on Saturday. I think it'll be good to have an extra support person during labor and delivery.
  • Plans for the boys: I think I have shared everything I need to with all those who need the info. I'm sure I'm missing something, but it'll all work out. At some point you just got to let it go and hope for the best. Let go and let God. Right?
  • Work: almost done. Tying up loose ends. I'm trying to leave each day like I won't be returning the next day. Just a few days left!
  • Christmas cards are done and mailed!
Still to do:
  • Go through the newborn clothes
  • Pack a bag for the hospital
  • Move car seats around and install infant car seat
  • Rearrange baby's room (not an immediate need)
  • Set up pack and play in our room
  • Finish Christmas shopping
  • Wrap Christmas gifts
And now it's late and I can no longer think. Stay tuned for either news or another update. There's no telling now what will be next.

No comments:

Post a Comment