Thursday, January 08, 2009

Blogging just to blog

I noticed that I haven't written anything on here since December 2, just over a month ago!! There is so much I could say, but that could turn into a jumble of ramblings. There are things happening with us that I could report on, but again, I feel that I'd just be everywhere. So instead, I thought I'd simply share some of the "life" we are experiencing right now.

But first I do have to share: Christmas here was good and I had a nice long vacation. We wrapped up the Christmas season with an Epiphany party this past weekend. Although technically the Christmas Season doesn't end until this coming Sunday we have now taken most of the decorations down. We left our nativity set up for the duration though, since the Wise Men only just arrived this past weekend. Didn't seem fair to take it down as soon as they got there.

Okay, so I had to put in a little of what we've been up to the past month. Moving on ...

I found out today that we are confirmed for the trip to Washington, D.C. in two weeks. We'll be driving up with another couple, following behind a van carrying about 8 others. There is also a bus going, but they are leaving at 9:30pm on January 20. The van and us will be leaving at 5am on the 21st. So we'll drive during the day and get to D.C. by that afternoon or so. Hopefully not too late! This trip should be very exciting and I'll definitely make a point of blogging about it when I get back. The basic itinerary will be a Mass at the National Basilica on Wednesday night (the same day we get there). I hear this is an awesome thing to be at with a procession that lasts about 30 minutes because of all the cardinals, bishops, priests, and deacons in attendance. Should be very exciting. Then Thursday is the actual March for Life in the morning. I believe we are leaving to drive back to Lexington following the March. So for those friends in D.C. or in the area, I probably won't get a chance to visit with you. That is unless you come out for the March and help the hundreds of thousands of people there support Life!!

What actually happens at the March, I don't know, I've never been. I have seen pictures and some video clips people posted on You Tube and other video sites (I can't think of the Catholic one at the moment). I know there will be speakers and there is the march itself and who knows what else. It should be an exciting time!!

So that's our trip to D.C., in just a couple of weeks!! Can't wait. Oh, and to get us ready for it, there is a Vigil for Life here in Lexington on Sunday January 18. For anyone in the area who can make it, it's from 2-3pm that day at the new Courthouse downtown. There are a few speakers, Leo Brown is emcee, and they suggest bringing chairs and/or blankets with you.

And speaking of life, the life I am carrying seems to be doing well. In December we had our "big" ultrasound. It was so much fun watching them measure the head and look at the heart, and measure all the limbs and see the face. We got several pictures from the experience (posted on our picassa page and my FB page). And no, we did NOT find out the gender. Didn't plan to and didn't want to. We are looking forward to the surprise in May!! But everything is normal and looks good, that's all we were hoping for. I got to hear the heartbeat again at my appointment at the end of the month and it was nice and strong.

It seems that the last several days I might have started experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions. Some of them seem quite strong, but now that I'm home from work and watching the clock I am realizing that they aren't lasting very long (10-20 seconds) and they are definitely irregular, sometimes 20 minutes apart, other times over an hour. So I did talk to the nurse today who works with my doctor and she recommended rest and possibly a visit to triage if I don't start feeling better in another day or so, mostly given my history (oen miscarriage and some bleeding earlier in this pregnancy). But overall, we think things are fine and this is probably nothing to worry about.

So if you think about it, please say a prayer for me and for baby. I wish I could feel the baby move around to know things are fine, but I still haven't felt him or her, so at the moment I am trusting that all is well; that's why we have faith, right? Next scheduled appointment isn't until Feb. 2, so please pray that I don't have to move it up for any reason!!

Thanks for all your prayers!! We'll be thinking about life in so many ways over this next month. Please pray for all those attending the March for Life, for all those women contemplating abortion, that they will choose life, for the unborn who have lost their lives in the name of "choice," and for me and the many, many others who are expecting, that the lives we carry will be kept safe and be born healthy!!

St. Gerard, pray for us! St. Philomena, pray for us! St. Anne, pray for us! Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of all, pray for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment