Thursday, June 09, 2016

Small Success: Work, Walking, Wunderlist, and Working out, with a Dose of {Blogging} Discernment

It's Thursday and I'm jumping on the Small Success wagon over at CatholicMom.com. Doesn't matter how big or small your accomplishments are, they all matter. Come on over and join the fun!!

My small successes this week are pretty darn small in my opinion. But here's goes nothing.

1. In anticipation of my upcoming resignation from my job, I have started moving files from my computer to our intranet. I had to call someone to find out how to move files within an intranet page, but once I got that figured out I was able to move things and then also add things. This is giving me a chance to clean up some too. Still a lot of clean up to do in the next two months.

2. I have been wearing a Fitbit for a while now and recently joined a challenge through my place of employment. There are prizes involved too!! I've been doing really well, getting at least 10,000 steps most days. This week has been especially good with step counts close to 13,000 on Sunday, over 11,000 Monday, and over 14,000 on Wednesday. Walking for the win!!

3. I started using the app Wunderlist to keep track of my to-do list. I have several similar apps on my iPod Touch, but this is the first one I have kept up with for more than a few days. Hoping to keep it up!!

4. I'm starting a workout challenge next week. Ack!! I sent in my measurements and pictures this week. That's the first step. Let's hope I can follow through with the next step!

5. Finally, I'm still discerning creating a new blog. The name of it has been a very long discernment process. Something finally hit me this evening on the drive home from work. Need to spend some time mulling it over, but I kind of like it. And actually, part of this discernment was whether to keep this blog going at the same time or not. I think I'll keep both because I'm seeing these two blogs being quite different from each other. Maybe there will be a bit of overlap, but for the most part they will have different focuses. We'll see where my continued discernment leads me. I'm not planning on diving in until after I'm home full-time, anyway.

That's about it for this week. Not a bad week thus far. How has your week been?? Come on over to Small Success Thursday at Catholic Mom and join the conversation there (you don't need a blog to participate, just leave a comment there).

4 comments:

  1. Good Luck with your workouts. I stopped a couple of weeks ago and need to get started again. My back would be happier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maggie. I really need this. I have been great at working out in the past and then I stop and get lazy. I'm really hoping to be more committed this time. Hope you can find your motivation too!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:37 PM

    So glad you joined in. Working out is something I need to get better st. How exciting to have two blogs. I can not wait to see what to see what it is about. Fun!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily. I need to get better at it to. I'm hoping this one will be a good start for me. Plus, hoping to get back to the Y again once I'm home full-time. Two blogs is exciting!! And completely scary too. :O Not sure what I'm getting myself into. I'm with you, I can't wait to see what happens, too. Trying to trust God on this one. :D

      Delete