Thursday, November 07, 2013

Pregnancy Update: Week 35

How far along: 35 weeks, 1 day. Still taking the progesterone, have about 11 days left.

How big is baby: Approximately 5 and a quarter pounds (similar to a good size honeydew melon) and about 18 inches long.

Cravings/Aversions: Still doing good here.

Belly Button: So flat! It's going to disappear! LOL!!

Movement: Lots of rolling around going on in there.

Leg cramps: Yep. Plus the restlessness is constantly bothering me ... at home, at work, at night. It's very frustrating.

Sleep: Starting to have a harder time sleeping. I can't move much at all, so find that I have to completely sit up in order to change positions. That means pretty much waking up completely in order to do that. But I get up several times during the night to use the bathroom, so I try to remember to change sleeping positions then.

Weight gain: I think I hit the 20 pound mark. I had thought I still had at least a couple more weeks before that happened. I'm going to blame Halloween on this one.

Appointment: Had an appointment on Monday. This was the first of my weekly appointments from here on out. Blood pressure was good (the second time she took it) and baby's heartbeat was good. I was measuring about 2 weeks ahead, so we're doing a growth ultrasound in a couple weeks just to make sure the baby isn't too big. I'd be surprised if the baby was particularly big, but we'll see. Another opportunity to see baby. Otherwise, we talked about a lot of different things to do with birth, hospital procedures, and the other possible doctors who might be in charge of my delivery once Dr. M goes on leave herself. Next appointment is Nov. 11.

Ultrasound: Have a growth ultrasound scheduled now for my birthday (in addition to an NST and an appointment). Happy Birthday to me!

The Big Brothers: Last week I mentioned that the boys had been in their new beds for about four nights and no one had fallen out yet. Well, Peter then rolled out of bed that very night. I think it scared him more than anything, but luckily he readily went back to bed after a few hugs and kisses. This past Sunday night I was downstairs and heard some whining or small bit of crying. I wasn't even sure what it was at first. But I headed upstairs and just as I did I saw Hubby head down the hall to the boys room. I walked in and he had Ethan in his arms. Apparently, he was standing on the floor and laying his top half on the bed. He must have rolled out, not known what to do, and just laid his head down on the bed. We got him situated again and the rest of the night was uneventful.

One other thing about their new beds, whether they are really ready for it or not, I think naps are now gone for the days we are home. Thank goodness they get naps at daycare. But at home, it's just too easy for them to start wrestling on the floor together, playing, giggling, and so much more. This past Saturday was a big nap time fail. I did try the tactic of letting them each take a book to bed to look at and it was somewhat quiet for a little while after that, but it was obvious that no sleeping was going to happen. Our evenings are pretty rough when there is no nap time. They really do still need it, but I don't think it's going to happen. I'm open to suggestions.

And I have to mention the sudden explosion in speech. Oh my!!! Yes, there is more talking and more repeating of words we say. We try two word phrases with them and they'll repeat them back to us more and more. We got a big surprise on the way home from Mass on Sunday morning. We were driving along and Ethan sneezed. From behind me I heard Peter say, "Bless you, Dede." I was shocked. Hubby didn't hear it, but I repeated what I heard and he got excited as well. First of all, "dede" is what Peter calls Ethan. No idea where that came from, but at least we know what it means. Second, we had no idea that Peter even knew to say "Bless you" when someone sneezed. And third, we were shocked to hear a complete thought for the first time. It's so amazing to listen to their language usage grow!

Sunday afternoon we went to a birthday party at Gymboree. We had never been to a Gymboree before. The boys found some balls almost as soon as we got there and that's pretty much all they were interested in from that point forward. My children are such cautious little things. While my friends' 1 year olds were climbing on things and willing to try new things, my two year olds had no interest at all. They did find the slide and enjoyed that, but we couldn't really get them to try anything else. I think they did eventually warm up to the parachute after a while and overall they did have a good time.

Names: Hubby told me this week that he has no time to think about names. He wants to wait until we see the baby and if it's a boy maybe he'll get a feeling of what will suit the child. Whatever.

To do list: I guess it's been a while since I actually went over my list, so time to review:

In-Progress/Finished:
  • Pediatrician: I've met with one, I need to call and meet with one other. Need to do that this week.
  • Childbirth class through the hospital has been completed, although I need to go back into it (it was online) and print out a couple of helpful pages. The Labor Class we signed up for was cancelled and rescheduled for Nov. 19. I need to find a babysitter for that one.
  • Boys room: pretty much done, though we still need a dresser so we can have all their clothes actually in their room.
  • Postpartum class through CCL is coming up on Sunday. We have the book now too, but I haven't looked at it yet.
  • Have the Godmother covered. Still haven't had a chance to ask our potential Godfather.
  • Plans for the boys: Have some friends lined up who will be around during Thanksgiving weekend. Also have some friends in the neighborhood who are willing to take the boys any other time except Thanksgiving when they will be out of town. One thing I need to do is write up a basic list of important phone numbers, allergies, basic routine, and any other info that is important for someone to know who is watching the boys.
  • I've read through one book on natural childbirth. Have a second one I'm just getting into and a third I haven't had a chance to start yet.
  • Both breastfeeding classes are complete. I learned a lot!
Still to do:
  • Stroller (may end up on my Christmas list)
  • Baby carrier (same)
  • Baptism arrangements: actually saw our priest at a pro-life fundraising event we went to on Saturday evening and told him I was going to be emailing him about this. So I should do that this week. Hoping for a Saturday in January.
  • Disassemble one crib (Hubby's job actually) and rearrange baby room.
  • Go through all the newborn and 3 month clothes we have and start getting things ready (most of that stuff is gender neutral)
  • Move the boys' car seats to back bench of the van and install the infant base.
  • And probably five thousand other things I haven't thought of yet.
Prayers: At Mass this past Sunday I offered up prayers especially for every mom who is going through a difficult pregnancy. In general, also continuing to pray for my prayer buddy, A, and many other friends. I ask also for prayers for me and baby, that all continues to go well, we get the birth we want, and we are able to get off to a successful breastfeeding relationship. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment