Monday, May 03, 2010

May Update

I find it hard to believe that we're now a third through the year already. Why does time seem to speed up as we get older? Probably not worth our time to ponder that, how about what's been going on since my last update?

New Year's Resolutions? Well, was doing good posting on the blog, obviously not much lately. Hopefully I'll be able to get back into this again soon. Secondly is our daily Rosary. Gotten a slack on that lately, but did manage to say one tonight. We were doing really well up until a few months ago, but still manage to get in a few a week. We're working on getting back into it.

My reading has gone down hill as well. I did manage to read Pope Benedict's second encyclical, Spe Salve, which I really liked. Didn't post a review because I wanted to read the next encyclical and then write one review of both. Unfortunately I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. But, we recently started a book group up with some friends and we'll hopefully be reading a book a month soon. We're starting with the book The Loser Letters, which I'm looking forward to reading.

My fourth resolution was the non-weight loss goal of eating healthier. I did well on that for a while and then Easter hit. Kind of fell off the wagon, but I'm slowly climbing back on.

Other news? Hmm, really not much else. I managed to get through my first Cursillo weekend as the Pre-Cursillo Chair. It was a lot of work, but everyone got to where they needed to be and all the ladies (and the two deacons and one priest) all had a great time. I attended the final ceremony on Sunday night and it was great to hear everyone's witness on how they felt closer to Christ through their experiences on the weekend. I'm looking forward ot that carrying through when we gather again on Thursday for a regional get together. I'm now taking a short break and then I will be turning my focus to the Men's Weekend in October.

Basically Cursillo has taken over my life the last month. So really not much else going on here. Hopefully May will be a much mroe quiet month.

Hope everyone is having a great spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment