This "25 Randon Things About Me" post is circulating over Facebook. I posted this last week on there but decided that my friends not on Facebook might like to see it as well. On FB you also had to tag 25 people who then had to post a list of 25 random things about themselves on there FB page and tag 25 more people. I've already done that so won't be doing it again. If you are reading this and would like to participate, post your 25 things on your blog and then leave a comment here to let me know so I can check it out.
(For those reading this on Facebook who might be confused why I'm posting this again, it's because all my blog posts are automatically posted to FB as well. So unfortunatley this list will be on FB twice.)
1. My favorite person in the world is my husband. I love him so much and the trials in our marriage so far have only stregthened that love.
2. I have two children who are now in heaven. Casey Marie was lost to miscarriage on March 31, 2008. We lost Zachary Thomas at 22 weeks on January 11, 2009. They are now my little saints!
3. I have always wanted to be a writer, but have never written anything I like. I think I have good ideas, but as a former professor once told me, I'm not a wordsmith! I think I need a new medium and am starting to consider the theater.
4. I have performed as a soloist in a concert in Italy!! It was indeed a once-in-a-lifetime experience and will never happen again.
5. I also sang in a choir on the same Italy trip (see above) during a daily mass at the Vatican (no the Pope was not presiding). By the way, I'm a horrible singer and they insisted I sing with them anyway. It was a fantastic experience.
6. I've been out of the country twice in my life: Italy in 2004 and Vancouver, Canada in 2005.
7. My favorite animated Disney movie is Sleeping Beauty! You can't beat any of the classics.
8. I have been involved in theater only three times: performed in Camelot in HS (pit orchestra), worked lights and curtain once for some other small production, and performed in Swing Time Canteen several years ago here in Lexington. Swing Time was fun, I was a musician but we were on stage, so I had to be in "character" still; it was an interesting experience. But despite my small experience, I love attending theater and now know several local actors!
9. I have lived in 6 states: Massachusetts (twice), Maryland, New York, Georgia, South Carolina, and Kentucky.
10. I never expected to be in KY longer than five years and never thought I would be in librarianship as a long-term career. It was only supposed to be a step toward moving on to a PhD program and a career as a musicology professor one day.
11. I do not regret not moving on to my PhD. I like being a librarian, but only as long as I can be a MUSIC librarian.
12. I am pro-life. I've lost two children and I can't fathom how anyone could think that the life of another individual can be considered simply a "choice." Think about it!!
13. I am currently the principle clarinetist in the Central Kentucky Concert Band, though I'm on a temporary hiatus since I have a professional conflict with the next concert, but it's come at a good time.
14. I have difficulty playing music when going through tough times. Like right now. I also can't sing in church, I start crying.
15. I love being Catholic! I love the tradition, the Catechism, the Eucharist, the Mass, the clear apostolic tradition from St. Peter all the way to Benedict XVI, and so much more!
16. My confirmation name is Mary, but at the time I did not pick it for any particular Saint Mary. However, I have found myself feeling a closeness more and more to the Virgin Mary and am starting to consider her my patron saint.
17. My favorite foods are Italian and seafood. Any pasta with a red sauce is awesome. Favorite seafoods are salmon, shrimp, and scallops.
18. I hate cooking. I tell my husband that I married him because he loves to cook.
19. I really, really want to learn to knit. I've taught myself a little, but really need to take a class/lessons.
20. I'm currently off from work recovering from my last pregnancy and stillbirth. I'm scared to death of trying to go back to work and a "normal" life. I'm not sure what my normal life is any more.
21. My favorite artist is Mary Cassatt. I've never been able to name a favorite composer, so don't ask!
22. I love football, especially college: Go cocks! Since getting married I don't watch nearly as much football as I used to. But hey, he does cook!!
23. I am incredibly shy. Many people I have met since moving to KY would disagree, but if you've known me longer than that, this is not a surprise.
24. I love HGTV!! I actually have a secret desire to be a home stager!!
25. I love chocolate and can't believe I waited until #25 to remember to add that in!! My favorite is dark chocolate, especially with mint. York Peppermint patties are my weakness!!