Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Lots of Stuff--Briefly

It's been a very long time since I posted anything here. Hopefully I haven't lost my readers, however small a group you might be.

Last weekend we moved my furniture to Chris' house. There is now furniture in every room of the house, while my house just has the bare minimum for me for the next two weeks! Wow!! The wedding is sooooo close!!!!

This week I'm wrapping up plans on my end and by Saturday I should be able to turn everything over to the wedding coordinator. Looking forward to that.

Work is busy, nothing new there. I was asked today by our Library Faculty Council to chair a new working group on Faculty Mentoring. I'm a sucker for punishment ... I said yes. Luckily, they anticipate most of the work to be during the spring semester.

I have one last wedding question. For those of you familiar with Christ the King and have seen the church when we have the banners up over the altar (usually at Pentacost, red, or Easter, white I think, or other special occasions): should I call to have the white banners put up for the wedding or not? I was at the church yesterday afternoon and I don't think they necessarily add anything to the look of the church, but they might possibly add to the sense of celebration for the wedding. Any opinions? I probably need to call soon if I'm going to have them done. Chris likes the idea, so I may put him in charge of calling if he really wants them.

What does everyone else think? Post your opinion at the link below. Thanks!

Have a great week and I'll try to put more news up this weekend. After that this blog might be dry for a while. :)

2 comments:

  1. It has been so long since I have seen them up. I am really torn on my opinion, but might would lean more towards yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we ended up going with yes on the banners. It turns out that the wedding that night had already asked for them, so we're splitting the cost and the woman is putting them up early for both of us. So it worked out!!

    One week today!! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete