Monday, September 10, 2007

Finished Book on Reconciliation

If you want to learn more about the Sacraments I highly recommend a series of books by Sister Patricia Proctor. I've read 3 of the books so far and I always learn something from them. They are also good to refer to later and they offer a lot of inspiration.

The one I just finished was 101 Inspirational Stories of the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Like the other books in the series (I've read the one on the Rosary and the Eucharist, I also have the one on the Priesthood which is on my to-read list), the book is almost entirely stories submitted by various people, both lay and religious. In addition to the stories about people's experiences with the Sacrament of Reconciliation there were also short articles about various aspects of the Sacarment. The back of the book includes appendices on making a good confession, a review of the ten commandments, and more.

The book was good and very inspiring. I always find the stories in these books uplifting and this book was just as uplifting as the others, if not more so. I'm looking forward to reading the book on the Priesthood. I highly recommend any of these books, just type the author's name into Amazon and they should all come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment