Sunday, April 01, 2007

The Weekend

We had a basically uneventful weekend. Friday we had dinner at my house (tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, with pesto!) then we went off to do some more registering. We now have two decent registries at two different stores. There are plenty of things on each that we probably still want to edit, add, or delete, but we've made progress. And we have a while yet. At this point the only shower planned is in June in Atlanta. So there is still plenty of time.

Saturday morning I had planned on doing a 3 mile walk, but I couldn't get myself out of bed. I went shopping instead and made sure I did plenty of walking there instead of moving my car between stores (outdoor shopping area, but much like a mall). I got some great deals too! The I headed over to Chris' house and we went for a walk around the park near his house. That was 4 miles and it was around 70 degrees, which didn't seem too bad when we started, but sure felt hot when we ended. We were exhausted when we got back, but managed to freshen up, have dinner, and start making honeymoon plans.

Today was Palm Sunday. In the past I have always been with the choir at church and I always played at the 11am Mass. But now I attend the 8:45 Mass and no longer play with the choir. Chris warned me ahead of time that the Bishop always does the 8:45 Mass on Palm Sunday and he starts outside and everyone goes out with him where he blesses the palms and then the whole congregation processes in. Well, I ended up being late. Luckily though, it was storming so bad this morning that the did the blessing of the Palms in the vestibule and did the Gospel reading from there, which I did hear. The was the processional and that's when I finally found Chris and grabbed a seat with him. The rest of today was relaxing: after church we sat around in the church hall with friends talking, then I went home and did some reading, took a short nap, and did a little practicing. Chris came by at 4:30 and we headed to a jewelry store to size his finger (wedding band shopping soon!), and then we went to dinner at P.F. Chang's (thanks, Paul!!).

This week we have no dance lesson, *frown*. We are going to try and talk with the restaurant we plan on having the rehearsal dinner at and then there are all sorts of church things this week beginning Wednesday night. Holy Week was always such a busy time of year for me, but now that I'm not as active a member of the music ministry, I'm not nearly as busy this time. I'm a little sad about that, but this will be a whole new experience.

I hope everyone has a great week. I have to head to bed now if I want to be able to get up at 4:30 tomorrow morning! Good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment