Friday, February 02, 2007

Snow, snow, and more snow

It has been snowing all day today. I think it has finally stopped. Yesterday I was praying for snow, I wanted a good reason to not have to go to rehearsal last night. But, it didn't snow yesterday and I went to rehearsal. I think I wouldn't dread rehearsal so much if I could just find the time to get a new reed and get a key fixed that keeps sticking. However, last night's rehearsal was much needed and wasn't so bad.

Then this morning I woke up to snow, lots of it, and it was still coming down. When I went to leave the house, I shoveled the driveway but it was already building up again when I finished. It took me about 30 minutes to drive to work (only 4 miles), but it was slick and everyone was driving slowly. Last I looked out the window the snow appeared to have stopped, finally, and the roads and sidewalks around here actually look passable now. But that's just the University, who knows what the rest of town looks like.

And this morning, Chris called me at work, just to make sure I got here safely! Isn't he sweet!

*****
Update: I was wrong, the snow has not stopped. Still coming down pretty heavily with no indication of stopping. At least it is pretty to look at, just wish I didn't have to drive in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment