Thursday, November 30, 2006

Prayer to Obtain Favors

The following prayer was given to me by Chris' sister-in-law last Sunday. It is a Prayer to Obtain Favors. According to the prayer card: it is believed that whoever recites the prayer fifteen times a day from the feast of St. Andrew, Nov. 30, until Christmas will obtain what is asked. Nov. 30 is today!! You can say the prayer whenever you like during the day: all at one time, throughout the day, or in groups. Personally, I'm going to try for five recitations at a time three times during the day.

Here's the prayer:

Hail and blessed be the hour and
moment in which the son of God was
born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at
midnight, in Bethlehem,
in piercing cold.
In that hour grant, O my God!
to hear my prayer and grant my desires,
through the merits of Our Savior Jesus
Christ, and of His blessed Mother.
Amen.

I hope everyone has a joyous Advent season!

No comments:

Post a Comment