Friday, September 22, 2006

Auditions

I used to hate auditions!! No matter how well I played, I always did terrible in auditions. That's not to say that I like auditions now, but I'm a bit calmer about them. I had a voluntary audition last night and I wasn't worried about it at all, but I still didn't play to the best of my ability. However, I knew that with this audition I wasn't risking losing my current spot in the group I play with.

He had me play my chromatic scale, which I messed up the rhythm on and as a result missed a note or two. I also had to play the clarinet solo at the beginning of Festive Overture by Shostakovich and into the Tutti section. That went ok, just a little problem with rhythm again. That was a result of nerves, not so much that I didn't practice with a metronome, because I did!

Based on the conductor's remarks after I finished playing, he's very pleased with my playing despite my small mishaps. The new seating chart will probably be out sometime this weekend, or at least by Monday. So we'll see then what he decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment