Thursday, August 10, 2006

Wrapping up Today

The last time I put together a Newsletter for one of my professional organizations the printer took five days to do the job. Yesterday I dropped off the next Newsletter at a different printer and they called today (about 23 hours later) to tell me it was done!! I almost fell out of my chair! I think I have found a new printer for all future jobs.

Today is my last day in the office for this week. Tomorrow is our full-day, start of the new year, faculty meeting/retreat. I'm going for the free breakfast and lunch and the morning discussion then I'm skipping out on the afternoon "reporting of reports" to drive to Columbus, OH.

In Columbus, I'll be staying at a B&B with several other librarians. We'll be meeting all day on Saturday as a Board to discuss business for our organization (I'm the Secretary and Newsletter Editor). Unfortunately one of our members, and a friend of mine, has decided to cancel his flight and not make the trip up from Texas, due to today's events in England. So we'll have him on speaker phone, but I'll miss seeing him and catching up. He and I usually only see each other once a year.

I'll be back in Lexington Sunday, but in the meantime I'll have my laptop with me and will report on the slightly cooler temps in Columbus. I'm looking forward to this trip!

Have great weekends all!! --K

No comments:

Post a Comment